Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.skillsmalta.com.
This Privacy notice (‘Notice’) applies to personal data which is collected and held by Skillsmalta in the normal course of carrying out its activity.It also explains what information is collected about the data subject, how it is used, and what steps are taken by Skillsmalta to ensure privacy and security Such ‘Notice’ continues to apply even if your relationship with us is terminated or you opt to unsubscribe from our databases.
The data we collect
We collect and process your personal data mainly for administrative and marketing purposes and to provide you with information about our seminars, courses, conferences and other educational activities we organise during the year, and to help us improve our services..
We may collect personal data about you from different sources, data mainly consisting of name, surname, email/business address and telephone numbers. Such data may be:given to us directly by yourself, and/or be collected from publicly available sources.
How we’ll use the gathered data
Skillsmaltawill process your personal data for the following purposes only, namely:
- for direct marketing, such as to inform you, by telephone, e-mail or other electronic means, about ouractivities and services;
- to pursue our legitimate interests, establish, exercise or defend out right;
- need to comply with a judicial or court order; or
- In furtherance of our legitimate interest in developing and improving our activities and services.
Compliance with laws and regulatory compliance obligations
We’ll use your information in line with our legalobligations, to comply with other laws and regulations and to share with regulators and other authorities that we are subject to. However, we’ll only do this on the basis that it’s needed to comply with a legal obligation.
Data/Information we share
We may share and/or disclose your information with others where lawful to do so including:
- with any/or all future officials of Skillsmalta that will always treat your data with utmost privacy and confidentiality;
- the need to provide you with activities/services you have requested;
- when having a public or legal duty to do so;
- when having a legitimatebusiness reason for doing so,e.g. verify your identity or enable another Organisation/s to provide you with services you have requested;
- when having asked for your consent to share it, and you have agreed.
We will not retain your personal dataany longer than is required for the maintenance of your relationship with us, or for any legal or regulatory requirements.
We make sure to use reasonable measures to protect the personal data within Skillsmalta. However, If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately advise us. On the other hand, If you have already provided your consent, we will continue to rely on it until you request us to stop sending you data.
Rights of the data subject
The number of rights in relation to the information that we hold about you include the right to::
- request access to the personal data we hold about you and to obtain information about how we process it;
- receive certain information you have provided to us in an electronic format and / or request that we transmit it to a third party;
- request correction of your personal data if it’s inaccurate or incomplete plus the right to request that we delete or remove your information. We may continue to retain your information if we’re entitled or required to retain it;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal data enabling you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you or request the transfer of your personal data to another party
It is within your right to put forward any queries or complaints by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or +356 77011719 and/or to complain to the Malta Information and Data Protection Commissioner’s Office by visiting https://idpc.org.mt, or to the data protection regulator in the country where you live or work.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. The updated privacy notice will be published on our website: www.skillsmalta.com If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org