[ONLINE] Accounting & VAT in the Gaming Industry – 5 & 14 July
Session 1: Accounting in the gaming Industry
Session 2: VAT in the Gaming Industry
- Date: Tuesday 5 July 22 09.00 – 11.00
- Title: Accounting in the gaming Industry
- Within the gaming sector, one will come across various technical gaming jargon which ultimately impact the way in which accountants carry out their work. They also necessitate a number of specific reconciliations to be performed to ensure holistic, transparent and accurate accounting. This training session will delve into a number of industry specifics to actively understand the foundations of accounting within the gaming industry, including licensing requirements and the reconciliations that need to be performed. The objective of this training session is to gain a further understanding of the fundamental principles of accounting within the gaming sector. Attendees will advance their knowledge of the gaming terminology and gaming transactions of any licensed gaming company.
- Topics on the Agenda: Gaming Terminology; Licences issued by the MGA; Payment Services Providers; Gaming Revenue; Direct Costs
- Date: Thursday 14 July 09.00 – 11.00
- Title: VAT in the Gaming Industry
- Description: In recent years multiple VAT updates, have significantly impacted the VAT considerations Gaming operators and other entities operating in the gaming industry need to undertake. The main changes are in respect to the Place of Supply Rules, right of refund, exemption/chargeability of gaming related services and most recently VAT grouping. During this session we shall go through all factors impacting the VAT treatment of companies in the gaming industry in order to ensure that the VAT treatment adopted is compliant with the Maltese VAT Act and EU VAT Directives.
- Topics on the agenda Refresher on core principles of VAT; The Specific VAT considerations for Electronically supplied services; Analysing the VAT activities within scope of the VAT exemption; The right for input VAT deductions and partial attribution; A practical example focusing on this industry.
Qualifies for 4 CPE CORE hours under the core competence area.
The course fee is €80.00 Member, €90.00 Non-Member. The fee covers seminar participation and access to event resources. Login details will be provided closer to the date. Sessions can also be booked individually. Individual sessions fee is €45.00 Member, €50.00 Non-Member
A receipt will be issued to all participants.
Participants will receive the event resources by email.
For more information, kindly use the following communication mediums:
T: 21 58 53 74 M: 77 01 17 19 E: email@example.com Webpage: www.skillsmalta.com